Why I chose the simple theme
The reality is that the simple theme is just that - simple - ish.
It's fairly easy to work through the css and edit what I want to change without the whole thing melting my screen lol.
Plus - I can always change the theme if I choose ... but for now this'll do.
Anyway, this is what I'm up to - first thing - let's add some fonts ...
Cool - fonts are added.
As I was writing this post I was updating it in real time, so it reads a little weirdly, which I like.
How about a really simple - but nice quote section ...
I'm simply under-appreciated in my own time ...
If you start with this template (simple), and then "upgrade" to another, more mobile friendly one on blogger - things such as blockquotes, and bizarrely - image captions, may be 'styled' outside of what you're used to, or have done.
This means that if you've italicised something in any caption on your 'simple' blog, when you "upgrade", this WILL cause a problem.
Same goes for blockquotes.
My suggestion is, if you're going to move from the 'simple' template to a more "responsive" one - reset all of your blog to its default settings BUT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, back it up first by downloading the template locally on your device.
That way, when ya have a heart attack because the div you so lovingly worked on no longer appears, you can re-upload it ... and then quietly vomit with relief ... (we've ALL been there).
I like the 'simple' template because it's the very first template I EVER blogged on, many moons ago.
If you're image focused and want a blogger template that I think is good for that, consider Emporio. For pure writing, my choice would be Contempo.
If ya had a food blog or such I might go with Notable.
Personally, I would only go with any of the "Dynamic" ones if I was just creating a blog, and didn't want a lot of control over its style.
BUT HEY, that's just me - it's okay to rock around between styles, try them on. Just be aware that sometimes there's a bit of code left here and there that may effect your blog.
But for me, right now - I like the 'simple' template. I've styled it the way I want it to look, and sure - the mobile default is stunningly ugly and weird, but ya know what? ... It's also kinda charming too, because of that.
Ummm ... I'm not all sure how to tell you this, but I've updated the simple template to ... well, an essential template.
Sigh. It's like this, my original template was an old style called "simple". I'm now using the newer essential template that's responsive and so forth ... but it's still quite simple - ya dig?.
Anyhoo, I thought I would just update the update to keep you updated on my updates.
I apologise ... no, no - I'll see myself out.
(There's actually a bit more to this - but I think I'll do a separate post on that, eh?)
It's fairly easy to work through the css and edit what I want to change without the whole thing melting my screen lol.
Plus - I can always change the theme if I choose ... but for now this'll do.
Anyway, this is what I'm up to - first thing - let's add some fonts ...
Cool - fonts are added.
As I was writing this post I was updating it in real time, so it reads a little weirdly, which I like.
How about a really simple - but nice quote section ...
If I had something profound to say - this is where I would 'say' it, so people throughout the land could marvel at my wit and sophistication.
Rather than recoil in shock and horror at my drinking and fornicating as they do currently.
I'm simply under-appreciated in my own time ...
Update
If you start with this template (simple), and then "upgrade" to another, more mobile friendly one on blogger - things such as blockquotes, and bizarrely - image captions, may be 'styled' outside of what you're used to, or have done.
This means that if you've italicised something in any caption on your 'simple' blog, when you "upgrade", this WILL cause a problem.
Same goes for blockquotes.
My suggestion is, if you're going to move from the 'simple' template to a more "responsive" one - reset all of your blog to its default settings BUT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, back it up first by downloading the template locally on your device.
That way, when ya have a heart attack because the div you so lovingly worked on no longer appears, you can re-upload it ... and then quietly vomit with relief ... (we've ALL been there).
I like the 'simple' template because it's the very first template I EVER blogged on, many moons ago.
If you're image focused and want a blogger template that I think is good for that, consider Emporio. For pure writing, my choice would be Contempo.
If ya had a food blog or such I might go with Notable.
Personally, I would only go with any of the "Dynamic" ones if I was just creating a blog, and didn't want a lot of control over its style.
BUT HEY, that's just me - it's okay to rock around between styles, try them on. Just be aware that sometimes there's a bit of code left here and there that may effect your blog.
But for me, right now - I like the 'simple' template. I've styled it the way I want it to look, and sure - the mobile default is stunningly ugly and weird, but ya know what? ... It's also kinda charming too, because of that.
![]() |
| Ah, poop! |
Ummm ... I'm not all sure how to tell you this, but I've updated the simple template to ... well, an essential template.
Sigh. It's like this, my original template was an old style called "simple". I'm now using the newer essential template that's responsive and so forth ... but it's still quite simple - ya dig?.
Anyhoo, I thought I would just update the update to keep you updated on my updates.
I apologise ... no, no - I'll see myself out.
(There's actually a bit more to this - but I think I'll do a separate post on that, eh?)

Comments
Post a Comment