Hate emojis?
Look, there was a time when an emoji was this :) or this :( It could be argued that's still the case - but it just isn't, is it? ... not really.
Writing, in all and any form, should be the last word in communication - (some pun intended).
But it's not. The world, we are told - is uber fast. Connections that once took a lifetime to create, are now made and lost in the blink of a block request.
And personally, I don't care.
I don't.
We have reduced our acceptance of each other to a simple, black and white simplicity. If I 'agree' with you, then I 'like' you. But if I don't, well - I might not just 'unlike' you - I might try and get you 'cancelled'.
WOW!
So this ugly little emoji is for everyone who is tired of the hate - the silliness, the cancellation of thought, opinion and ideas.
So why don't I care on a personal level?.
Oh, okay - I guess I do. BUT not as much as I should.
We've brought this on ourselves. We let others dictate our morality, our behaviours ... even our thoughts. The "Church" used to do that, but now it's Facebook or Twitter or TikTok.
We deserve our love of digital prisons and poisons.
Can ya feel me?.
Nah, ya can't - and I'm cool with that too.
Take Care
Writing, in all and any form, should be the last word in communication - (some pun intended).
But it's not. The world, we are told - is uber fast. Connections that once took a lifetime to create, are now made and lost in the blink of a block request.
And personally, I don't care.
I don't.
We have reduced our acceptance of each other to a simple, black and white simplicity. If I 'agree' with you, then I 'like' you. But if I don't, well - I might not just 'unlike' you - I might try and get you 'cancelled'.
WOW!
So this ugly little emoji is for everyone who is tired of the hate - the silliness, the cancellation of thought, opinion and ideas.
![]() |
| Free for Non-Commercial Use |
So why don't I care on a personal level?.
Oh, okay - I guess I do. BUT not as much as I should.
We've brought this on ourselves. We let others dictate our morality, our behaviours ... even our thoughts. The "Church" used to do that, but now it's Facebook or Twitter or TikTok.
We deserve our love of digital prisons and poisons.
Can ya feel me?.
Nah, ya can't - and I'm cool with that too.
Take Care

Comments
Post a Comment