Noir emoji
As a kid, I got into film noir - the real stuff from Hollywood, made in the 40s and 50s. You know the kind of films? - cynical detective meets femme fatale and after falling in love with her, finds out that she killed her husband! ... that sorta deal.
The lighting used, the mood, the music and, of course, the movie stars - proper ones. Not like today's selection of psychos, sickos, degenerates and narcissistic hacks - yeah, I thought of her too.
Anyway, let's not get me started on the ill's of modern celebrity worship ...
Here's my nod to the genre ...
If you're interested in checking out some film noir for yaself - I stumbled upon this great list: The 100 Best Film Noirs of All Time - Pastemagazine
I like the sad little guy and I think he deserves an Insta post - so I'm gonna do that.
Take care
The lighting used, the mood, the music and, of course, the movie stars - proper ones. Not like today's selection of psychos, sickos, degenerates and narcissistic hacks - yeah, I thought of her too.
Anyway, let's not get me started on the ill's of modern celebrity worship ...
Here's my nod to the genre ...
![]() |
| Free for Non-Commercial Use |
If you're interested in checking out some film noir for yaself - I stumbled upon this great list: The 100 Best Film Noirs of All Time - Pastemagazine
The term film noir, French for 'black film' (literal) or 'dark film' (closer meaning), was first applied to Hollywood films by French critic Nino Frank in 1946, but was unrecognized by most American film industry professionals of that era. Frank is believed to have been inspired by the French literary publishing imprint Série noire, founded in 1945.
I like the sad little guy and I think he deserves an Insta post - so I'm gonna do that.
Take care

Comments
Post a Comment